LLAS Centre for Languages, Linguistics, and Area Studies will hold their 8th annual elearning symposium on 24/5th January, 2013. They are now calling for abstracts for presentations, workshops or posters (no more than 400 words) to be submitted by 5th October, 2012.
LLAS are looking for presentations on innovative uses of technology in delivering teaching content or assessments, the use of social networking sites, virtual worlds or mobile technology with language students, and new engaging ways of involving students in the creation or use of open educational resources. Topics may include but are not limited to, the use in teaching or research of:
- social networking sites
- mobile technology
- blogs or wikis
- open educational resources
- virtual worlds, such as Second Life
- virtual learning environments
- online tools or courses
- innovative online learning designs or environments
- autonomous learning
- blended learning
- social media, e.g. micro-blogging (e.g. Twitter)
- student-generated digital content
For more information, go to the conference page.