Just before the Christmas vacation, Network for Languages, of which Aston University is an enthusiastic member, held a national meeting at Bath Spa University. Regional Managers and Directors representing the different regions of the country attended the meeting. Each region outlined its CPD and student activity to date and its plans for 2013 with the needs of modern language practitioners firmly in mind.
Network for Languages provides professional development, support and training for the languages community. Building on the achievements of the Links into Languages programme which ended its funding in 2011, Network for Languages works to:
- Maintain and develop relevant and innovative continuous professional development programmes for language teachers
- Support language teachers and other language professionals within the changing policy landscape
- Disseminate good practice and research around language learning and teaching
- Explore opportunities for collaboration
- Inform and influence policy in order to put the benefits of language learning at the forefront of the agenda.
Network for Languages is pleased to announce that it will have an annual slot at the Language World conference. During the coming year, Philip Campagna, Regional Director for Network for Languages South West, will be giving a workshop at the 2013 event: http://www.all-languages.org.uk/events/language_world/language_world_2013. This initiative is just the start of more to come as Network for Languages plans to raise its profile nationally and work more closely with other organisations.
For further information about the Network and to find out what is happening in your local region, please go to: http://networkforlanguages.org.uk.
CPD Teacher Educator
School of Languages and Social Sciences